Re: [OT] Bad characters on e-mail headers (was iceape 1.0.9 and IPv6 compatibility)

On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 02:20:17 +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:

> On 11/06/11 22:04, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> I also get the black diamond but *only* when I force a utf-8 encoding
>> for the folder it contains the messages and click on "apply default to
>> all messages in the folder..." :-)
>>
>> So... what is your default character encoding for the mail folders in
>> Icedove?
>
> UTF-8

Sure? :-)

Follow the instructions I provided earlier and switch to "western
european (iso-8859-1)", then click on the "apply default to all messages
in the folder..." and finally click "OK". That should do the trick or at
least it does in my case.

>> Have you tried to load the offending message under Evolution or another
>> MUA? If another e-mail client also loads the wrong character, you may
>> be facing a system locale mess. If Evo loads it fine, then Icedove is
>> the one to blame which ineed was my first suspect ;-)
>
> Yes. (just now). Kmail.
> http://ge.tt/8IXUX15
> 0-1 = Kmail

You mean "0-2 = Kmail" ;-)

Anyway, I can't see anything from that images. We need to see the message
window list where the name of the sender is displayed not the body of the
message.

> 3 & 4 is Icedove

Okay, but I was not referring to that setting.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón