Re: iceape 1.0.9 and IPv6 compatibility

On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 21:26:38 +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:

> On 09/06/11 21:07, � wrote:
>
> The sender I see  ^ is a question mark character - usually a part of
> Camaleón's name.... what character set are you using?

That should be an error from Icedove when it converts from "7bit" to
"quoted-printable" :-P

No, seriously, I dunno. I use Pan newsreader and this is what I see for
my headers:

>>> Yes. Since about 2003
>>
>> And if you hace CUPS installed, it can be easily tested with:
>>
>> http://[::]:631/
>>

> And if your DNS server doesn't support ipv6 that's all you'll be able to
> do.... you can try Google's DNS server - it'll respond to AAAA requests
> but transport is not supported. If you do have ipv6 DNS support many of
> the major sites that support ipv6 will only do so for the next 4 hours
> (you being in WA).

I have no chance for using ipv6 externally, only local. My ISP is still
not ready for that (well, it is, but not for its customers) ;-(. Should I
wanted to go out using IPv6 I would have to setup a tunnel broker but I'm
not motivated enough to try it :-)

> You can also test your connection here:- http://ipv6.google.com/ (and
> not just today).

Which reminds me that yesterday was the "World IPv6 Day" but I'm afraid
that big sites (Google, Yahoo!, Amazon, etc...) pushed a very light test
(ipv4 resolution was still avaialble) so no one was facing problems.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón