Re: iceape 1.0.9 and IPv6 compatibility

On 09/06/11 21:07, � wrote:

The sender I see  ^ is a question mark character - usually a part of
Camaleón's name.... what character set are you using?

> On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 17:45:46 +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>
>> On 09/06/11 16:25, Bret Busby wrote:
>
>>> I am running iceape 1.0.9 on Debian 5, and I am wondering whether
>>> anyone can tell me whether it is compatible with IPv6.
>>>
>>> Similarly with the version of iceape that is available for Debian 6.
>>>
>>> Thank you in anticipation.
>>>

>> Yes. Since about 2003
>
> And if you hace CUPS installed, it can be easily tested with:
>
> http://[::]:631/
>
> Greetings,

And if your DNS server doesn't support ipv6 that's all you'll be able to
do.... you can try Google's DNS server - it'll respond to AAAA requests
but transport is not supported. If you do have ipv6 DNS support many of
the major sites that support ipv6 will only do so for the next 4 hours
(you being in WA).

You can also test your connection here:-
http://ipv6.google.com/ (and not just today).

Cheers

--
Tuttle? His name's Buttle.