Re: [OT] Bad characters on e-mail headers (was iceape 1.0.9 and IPv6 compatibility)

El 09/06/11 17:38, Scott Ferguson escribió:
On 10/06/11 00:16, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

(...)

   ^ That's how Camaleón's name appears as the usually appears as sender
In this case there's four of them (black diamond with white question
mark when viewed as plain text UTF8 (my default viewing setting for this
list)

�
�
�

It seems you're also facing problems with another postings and not just mines... hum... curious.

Has this impact to the header or just to the mail's body?

Just the mail body. When viewed as raw I see (so something is not right
with my settings!), and when viewed in gmail it's different characters
again.

=E4
=F6
=FC
=DF

I would start thinking about Gmail's webmail.

Those incompatibilities are really annoying.

I can live with the lack of a name in the From field - as there's only
one BlackDiamondQuestion in the debian-users list :-)

That's should be me :-)

It's the occasional email like earlier where his name appears nowhere in
the email - just the symbol. It's easy enough to get lost in threads and
attribute comments to the wrong people without having to workout who the
following is:-