Re: iceape 1.0.9 and IPv6 compatibility

On 09/06/11 21:41, � wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 21:26:38 +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>
>> On 09/06/11 21:07, � wrote:
>>
>> The sender I see  ^ is a question mark character - usually a part of
>> Camaleón's name.... what character set are you using?
>
> That should be an error from Icedove when it converts from "7bit" to
> "quoted-printable" :-P
>
> No, seriously, I dunno. I use Pan newsreader and this is what I see for
> my headers:

<snipped>

To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?snipped
<snipped>

NOTE: the From: line and Content-Transfer-Encoding

From: Ralf Mardorf <snipped>
<snipped>

Another one with untranslatable characters:-

From: =?UTF-8?B?5byg5ZCv5b63?= <snipped>
<snipped>

It appears to be the result of the modified From string - don't know if
that's from your email client, or the way Exim is handling it... maybe
it's part of Gmane's email shell game.
No problem. You just need to change your name from Camaleón to "White
Question mark on a black diamond formerly known as Camaleón".

:-)

<snipped>

Cheers

--