Re: Debian UK

Henning Makholm wrote:
> Scripsit MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop>

>>>Which law would prevent them from giving you a vote in their matters?
>>>How would you enforce such a law? [...]
>
>>You moved slickly from membership to whether one has a vote.
>
> That's the only thing membership *means* when there are no dues to pay.

In the _many_ criticisms that MJ Ray has rolled out recently, this is one
of the few that holds any water IMO, but as Henning has correctly spotted,
the intent was to allow a vote to any DD who lives in the UK, unless they
stated that they didn't want to be involved.

On reflection, I think we should ensure that the wording makes it clear
that one has to express an interest in membership in order to be considered
a member.  I'll start a thread to that effect back on the debian-uk list.

Cheers, Phil.