Re: Debian UK (was Re: What the DFSG really says about trademarks)

Daniel Ruoso <daniel@ruoso.com> skribis:
> Em Seg, 2005-09-05 =E0s 12:55 +0100, MJ Ray escreveu:
> > Daniel Ruoso <daniel@ruoso.com> skribis:
> > > In Brasil, for
> > > instance, there is no such thing as "charity organization".
> > Then no groups would get special consideration from that
> > clause of my suggestion. What's the problem?
>
> The problem is using country-specific definitions for a supra-national
> organization. The rules applied by Debian to DUS should apply to any
> other organization in the world.

"Charity" is not country-specific. At the very least, Japan
(according to JACO) and Canada (CharityVillage) also have
charities with similar conditions of openness to the UK.
DUS is not registered as a charity, so just like organisations
in a country with no "charity" concept, it could use one of
the other ways I mentioned.

Same rules should apply to all. Agreed?

--
MJR/slef