Re: RFA: acpi-support -- glue layer for translating laptop buttons, plus legacy suspend support

Didier Raboud wrote:
> Giacomo A. Catenazzi wrote:
>> Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
>>> No, users should file bugs if their HW is broken so that those can be
>>> blacklisted too.
>> Are you joking?
>> For one year that user could not use debian stable?
>>
>> BTW for one reported bug, there are 10 unreported bugs.
>> I try hard to convince people to report bugs and I help
>> translating and explaining how to report bugs.
>> Anyway some user will no report the bug, and you can
>> immagine the people that doesn't hit me ;-)
>>
>> It is also a misuse of bug reports ;-)  because it is
>> required "by design".
>>
>> ciao
>> cate
>
> Okay. Now reporting bugs for errors in software is a misuse…

read carefully ;-)

These are not errors in software. We are not correcting bugs,
but are telling our users:
- We know that on some hardware this feature has a bad interaction
  with hardware.
- So we put to you (user) the burden to discovery bad hardware
  and telling us.  We will correct it in future. BTW we try harder
  not to let you to disable such feature. So wait next release!

so these are real bug reporting?

BTW polling is not needed on correct software. It is a workaround
for other (but most common) hardwares.

for this reason I think waiting bug report is not a solution
but only a workaround.

ciao
	cate