Re: RFA: acpi-support -- glue layer for translating laptop buttons, plus legacy suspend support

Le jeudi 16 avril 2009 à 15:06 +0200, Bjørn Mork a écrit :
> >> a) laptop keys remapped or disappearing (might be caused by the driver -
> >>    I don't know)
> >
> > Yes, they are remapped to the standard XF86* names, so that applications
> > configuring shortcuts can have sensible defaults.
>
> So you justify breaking existing setups by claiming the new
> configuration is more "sensible".  How many times?  How often?

If you know how to homogenize keycodes between different keyboard models
without actually changing the keycodes, good for you, but I don’t.

Also, do you prefer configuring a keycode named “0xae” or
“XF86AudioLowerVolume”?

> >> b) unwanted auto-mounting
> >
> > HAL will not do auto-mounting by itself. Some user-level daemon must be
> > listening for events and requesting the actual mount.
>
> The auto-mount support in hal is unwanted even without such daemons.
> Continously polling all removable storage is a very bad default IMHO.
> And why do it if there's no daemon listening for the events anyway?

You’re mixing apples and oranges.

--
 .''`.      Debian 5.0 “Lenny” has been released!
: :' :