Re: RFA: acpi-support -- glue layer for translating laptop buttons, plus legacy suspend support

Bjørn Mork wrote:

[lot of fud deleted]

> The hal default "polling removable disks" is annoying, useless, and an
> example of bad hal design.  You may of course continue to ignore this by
> claiming that I don't know what I'm talking about.  Unfortunately, it

Seems you are confusing a lot of things, "polling removable disks" being one.
hal does not poll removable disks, it does though poll cd-rom drives for new
media and afaik there is no way around that if you want automount for cdrom
drives to work (newer sata driver *should* support hardware notifications when
using libata [1]).

Cheers,
Michael

[1] http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/Asynchronous_Event_Notification_Infrastructure