Re: Debian's status as a legal entity and how it could effect a potential defense.

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 22:26:08 -0800, Bruce Perens <bruce@perens.com> said:

> Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
>> When invited to *reduce* uncertainty and doubt, by securing a
>> genuine legal opinion, you said it was Not Your Job.
>>

> What I continue to object to is that there is a minority who believe
> that questionable content is desirable in the distribution, but they
> refuse to support themselves by doing the legal homework to support
> the content they desire. The entire project is burdened by it, and
> as one of the directors I am expected to clean up after them.

	Seems more like there is a more of a minority of uber right
 wingers trying to batten down art that offends their sensibility. The
 actual project members seem to be more or less taking the sensible
 approach, in that this is a mountain being made out of a small
 molehill.

	And if you have done the legal homework to prove that the
 package is illegal, please do presernt it. In the meanwhile, I'll
 continue to trust my gut that  it is innocent, until proven guilty.

	manoj
--
The possession of a book becomes a substitute for reading it. Anthony
Burgess