Re: Debian's status as a legal entity and how it could effect a potential defense.

Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
Good grief, this is one of the murkiest areas of American law, and you
think that anyone should be convinced of your FUD this way?

Would you please stop asserting that I'm out to FUD you? Given my history I would hope that you could take for granted that I want what's best for the project.
Likewise, if a given image, residing in the Debian archive, is nearly unknown to members of the university, and the only people who know about it have deliberately sought it out, then it is extremely unlikely that anyone would find it to be creating a hostile environment.
I can think of a number of ways for the program to come to someone's attention through operating a Debian system. At that point it need only be traced to its source.

It is analogous to a copy of Playboy hidden in a drawer somewhere, which is not actionable in the least.
In your workplace? Au contrare.

    Thanks

    Bruce