Re: Debian's status as a legal entity and how it could effect a potential defense.

Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
It strikes me that some of the material in question would be in
violation of the Internet policies of most institutions or companies
that host our mirrors, as well as the applicable national laws.

Can you please provide some concrete evidence of this claim, or else
stop making it?

This one's from GWU:

8. Obscenity and Harassment: GW computing systems and services may not be used in an obscene, harassing or otherwise improper manner.
GW computing systems and services shall not be used in a manner that discriminates against another individual on any basis protected by federal or local law. This provision explicitly prohibits any behavior that is intended to or has the effect of creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive environment because of an individual's sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability, or other factors protected by law.

    Thanks

    Bruce