Re: Debian's status as a legal entity and how it could effect a potential defense.

Bruce Perens <bruce@perens.com> writes:

> Would you please stop asserting that I'm out to FUD you? Given my
> history I would hope that you could take for granted that I want
> what's best for the project.

Sure; you want what's best, and you seem to think that what's best
right now is to make people really scared of an offensive
non-pornographic package, by raising vague and unsubstantiated worries
about legal liability.  That's FUD.  Fear, uncertainty, and doubt.

When invited to *reduce* uncertainty and doubt, by securing a genuine
legal opinion, you said it was Not Your Job.  And you wonder why I
might think that you are deliberately trying to create uncertainty and
doubt?

Thomas