Re: Debian's status as a legal entity and how it could effect a potential defense.

Bruce Perens <bruce@perens.com> writes:

>     8. Obscenity and Harassment: GW computing systems and services may
>     not be used in an obscene, harassing or otherwise improper manner.
>     GW computing systems and services shall not be used in a manner that
>     discriminates against another individual on any basis protected by
>     federal or local law. This provision explicitly prohibits any
>     behavior that is intended to or has the effect of creating an
>     intimidating, hostile, or offensive environment because of an
>     individual's sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age,
>     pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability, or other factors
>     protected by law.

And you have evidence that the inclusion of such an image in a bulk
archive, which is present in a merely passive manner, runs afoul of
this provision?

It seems to me that a hostile workplace is not created by the presence
of an archive or a single image in that archive.

But if you have a legal opinion to offer on this question, I would be
glad to hear it.

Thomas