Re: Debian's status as a legal entity and how it could effect a potential defense.

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 01:11:10AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	Seems more like there is a more of a minority of uber right
>  wingers trying to batten down art that offends their sensibility. The
>  actual project members seem to be more or less taking the sensible
>  approach, in that this is a mountain being made out of a small
>  molehill.

Well, I've changed my mind actually. An optional package called
'hot-babe' is pretty harmless. The images are hardly pornography,
though I certainly couldn't run it on my office PC (unless I was
trying to get fired).

I'd say the whole package is pretty childish still.

Having said that, this package doesn't really advance Debian in any
way. It won't gain us any users and it might lose us some. I'd say
that ultimately it adds to our irrelevance. We provide a nice base
for commercial efforts like Ubuntu but in the future, what else?

Though you talk about 'uber right wingers' in your post, I would
say that 'uber left wingers' are dominating the project these days.

Hamish