Re: Frank Carmickle and Marco Paganini must die

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:23:37 -0700, Adam McKenna <adam@flounder.net> said:

> On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 06:18:05PM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
>> How is sending an SMTP-conformant message to the address listed in
>> the From: or Reply-To: fields of a message you receive not a
>> "reasonable effort"?

> It is, but if that message bounces because you're sending mail from
> a dynamic IP, it's reasonable to at least try to get the message

	No, the message does not bounce because I am sending it from a
 dynamic address.  The message bounces because the recipient
 (or their agent) has taken direct action to _make_ it bounce.

	At this point, it is their problem. They chose to discard
 emails, and they do not care about false positives in their discard
 policy; that's where the bug lies, and that is where the fix must go
 in.

> through by other means.  You would probably do this if your birthday
> message to your auntie bounced, so why not go the extra mile when
> you are performing official duties?

	Hell no I won't. I may tell her the next time I met her that
 her email interface was borked, but I won't jump through ridiculous
 hoops to help promote bad practices.

	manoj

--
"Hi, I'm Professor Alan Ginsburg... But you can call me... Captain
Toke." John Lovitz, as ex-Supreme Court nominee Alan Ginsburg, on SNL