Re: Frank Carmickle and Marco Paganini must die

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 09:52:20PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	Hell, at my going rates for providing service to custoers,
>  I'll send mail from wherever the customer tells me to. Want to know
>  where to sign up?
>
> > This may not matter much in the "fuck you, you're just a braindead
> > user" world of Debian, but in the real world it matters quite a bit.
>
> 	So please, please, please, go the hell back to the real world,
>  and leave s free software dreamers in our fantasy world.

It is this attitude that is sending Debian down the road of being an OS for
hackers only, where real people who want to get things done will have to use
a Debian-based distro, like Ubuntu.  I noticed it when I first joined Debian
and it's only gotten worse over the years.  I'm aware that most DD's don't
care about this.  (At least, if anyone other than me cares about this,
they're not speaking up).

I'll continue attempting to provide perspective when I feel it's appropriate,
but if this attitude remains entrenched in our culture, I won't be surprised
if Debian becomes the next Slackware.

I also want to say for the record that Overfiend is hereby prohibited from
touching my onus.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>