Re: Frank Carmickle and Marco Paganini must die

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:26:38 -0700, Adam McKenna <adam@flounder.net> said:

>> > I think it's reasonable to expect that someone occupying a role
>> > account of any importance will not (or at least should not) be
>> > sending direct-to-MX mail from a dynamic IP.
>>
>> Really?  I think it's bullshit.  They're not responsible for your
>> filtering decisions; if you're initiating a dialogue with someone,
>> it's your problem, not theirs, to ensure that you're not filtering
>> their responses.

> If you are in the business of providing customer service via a role
> account, the onus is on you to communicate properly.

	This is one of the more moronic views of free software. No, I
 am not into providing customer service (if you want customer service
 from me, ask off-list for my rates). I am into Debian in a
 collaborative effort to create the best distribution of Linux ever.

	So I am not going to ask how high when a putative "customer"
 says jump.  If you are meeting me halfway in improving free software,
 life is too short to beg and wheedle you to buy-in into Debian.

> Considering that dialup and dynamic IP's are filtered by a large
> portion of the internet, and that most people know this,
> deliberately and obstinately sending mail this way and insisting
> that everyone else is wrong is just poor service.

	Hell, at my going rates for providing service to custoers,
 I'll send mail from wherever the customer tells me to. Want to know
 where to sign up?

> This may not matter much in the "fuck you, you're just a braindead
> user" world of Debian, but in the real world it matters quite a bit.

	So please, please, please, go the hell back to the real world,
 and leave s free software dreamers in our fantasy world.

> I do not block mail from dialup accounts.  However, I sympathize
> with those who do, and I don't believe that using dynamic IP mail
> servers to send mail from role accounts is an acceptable way to
> provide service to our users.

	I am not a service provider to sit-on-their-0fat-butt suers --
 I am involved in a collaborative creative effort, and if you do not
 want to participate, please butt right back out.

	manoj
--
Physician: One upon whom we set our hopes when ill and our dogs when
well. Ambrose Bierce