Re: Frank Carmickle and Marco Paganini must die

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:42:22 +0200, Dejan Muhamedagic <dejan@hello-penguin.com> said:

> Manoj,
> On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 02:50:27AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>>
>> If they can't arrange for official communication not to be filtered
>> away, they probably don't deserve to get any. Life is too short to
>> try and unfuck all the fuckups that are out there.

> Can't you listen to this simple argument: it's _not_ always up to
> the users to decide what's spam.  It happens at the ISP's mail
> server.  Do you think that people can fix the ISP's mail filtering
> policy?  Some ISP's provide some control, but I suppose that not all
> of them do. More, most people don't even know if and how their mail
> is filtered.

	You have then selected a service provider that is not
 providing you service: legitimate non-spam emails to you are being
 deleted by the USP. I would advice you to go to any of a number of
 service providers that do indeed provide the service that they say
 they do, some of them are even free.

> Remember that not everybody has the resources and knowledge that you
> could have afforded. That doesn't (or shouldn't) mean that they are
> to be ignored.

	On the contrary, they are ignoring me. Who am I to force
	myself upon them? Had they, or their agents, simply followed
 the SMTP protocol, my message woulkd have been delivered; they
 deliberately chose to discard non-spam email. If they do not care
 about the false positives in their brain dead policy, then it is
 their right.

	If the user has no control over email (data) being deleted by
 the ISP, I suggest they go to someone who does not destroy their
 data.  In some places they can even sue the ISP for destroying data,
 I think.

	manoj
--
No skis take rocks like rental skis!