Re: Frank Carmickle and Marco Paganini must die

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 01:54:50AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:16:07 -0700, Adam McKenna <adam@flounder.net> said:
>
> > Debian has been losing popularity, mostly due to it being out of
> > date.  But part of the reason people are leaving Debian (both
> > developers and users) is the attitude of some developers.  Look at
> > DJB if you want an example of what I'm talking about.  The guy is
> > obviously one of the most talented programmers on the face of the
> > earth but a lot of people won't use his software because they don't
> > like his personality.
>
> 	That, too, is a piss-poor way of selecting your tools; I would
>  have no problems using code from anyone as long as they were
>  competent and produced good code; and the license was acceptable.

I agree.  But the problem is real.  If communicating with someone is hard or
impossible, you will be less likely to use their product.

> 	Since when has the refusal to pander to a moronic mail
>  filtering scheme by people too incompetent to manage their incoming
>  email been a sign of unprofessionalism, btw?

When you don't make a reasonable effort to contact a person, even though his
ISP may implement a bad filtering scheme (in your eyes), when it is part of
the duties of your role, you are not fulfilling your duties.  That person's
perception will be that he was ignored.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>