Re: Language and locale setting in /root/dbootstrap_setting

Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> cum veritate scripsit:

> Well, it will only cause some problems if it is used for Japanese.
> Adding the patch should not in itself create some new problems, should
> it?  It should just make a better base to find problems with the fonts
> when using locales. :-)

Er... no, it will cause problems, if it was used for anything that
is not supported by the console by default.

I don't think that many languages are supported by the default console.
That kind of attitude is found pretty often in latin-charset people.

Try checking for ISO-8859-1.
I think trying to display anything other than that might be problematic
on some systems.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4