Re: DAM has no competency to make changes to membership structure

On Tue, Oct 28 2008, MJ Ray wrote:

> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:
>>  [...] No matter that the GR is a useless, no-op,
>>  anti-ganneff vote, which serves no purpose  whatsoever, except to kill
>>  any motivation ganneff might have had to facilitate admission of
>>  non-packagers into Debian. [...]
>
> I hope it won't kill that motivation, because I see the main point of
> the GR as "let's deal with this after the release, instead of burying
> it in busy times".
>
> If it does, then that speaks ill about many project officers IMO.

        You think it speaks ill of people when they are demotivated by
 people saying nasty things about them, or ascribing horrible motives to
 them? Amazing.  Me, I would be liable to just break out some beer and
 watch some movies rather than go online and read the negative things
 people have been saying, were I in Ganeff's shoes.

        When will people learn that abusing people, whether they have a
 role relationship or not, turns them off and makes them less likely to
 be enthusiastic and engaged? Forgotten the bit about honey and vinegar?

        manoj
--
Build a system that even a fool can use and only a fool will want to use
it.