Re: DAM has no competency to make changes to membership structure

On Mon, Oct 27 2008, Pierre Habouzit wrote:

> IMHO that's beside the point, even if the constitution isn't specific,
> delegates should not make invasive decision for the project where it's
> not obviously following the consensus, or some previous discussion. This
> is actually §8.3:
>
>     8.3. Procedure
>
>     Delegates may make decisions as they see fit, but should attempt to
>     implement good technical decisions and/or follow consensus opinion.

        Delegates may make decisions as they see fit,. They should
 attempt to implement good technical decisions. Use the or
 alternative. The follow consensus opinion is an or.

> FWIW I believe the mail on dda fails that in so many levels… that indeed
> I believe the GR isn't really needed and that either the secretary or
> the DPL should have his word in this. But oh well, if one want an
> humiliating GR for that matter, let's do it.

        Urm, what word do you want from secretary? I have already stated
 that as secretary I thought that this did not violate the constitution,
 and that DAM can decide who is or is not a DD, and that there already
 are mapping from the set of developers to capabilities which are
 non-uniform, and this added nothing but a semi formal mapping of
 subsets of developers to capabilities which is definitely a power that
 can be delegated.

        So, no constitutional violation here.

        manoj
--
"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year
ago." Bernard Berenson