Re: DAM has no competency to make changes to membership structure

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 09:21:41PM +0000, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 27 2008, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
>

> > IMHO that's beside the point, even if the constitution isn't specific,
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                  I know it's an 'or'.
> > delegates should not make invasive decision for the project where it's
> > not obviously following the consensus, or some previous discussion. This
> > is actually §8.3:
> >
> >     8.3. Procedure
> >
> >     Delegates may make decisions as they see fit, but should attempt to
> >     implement good technical decisions and/or follow consensus opinion.
>
>         Delegates may make decisions as they see fit,. They should
>  attempt to implement good technical decisions. Use the or
>  alternative. The follow consensus opinion is an or.
[...]
>         So, no constitutional violation here.

There is no formal constitutional violation, I believe the spirit of the
constitution on the other hand has been totally forgotten. I don't see
what Joerg does as much a technical problem as a social one, and in that
sense, you can't take the first alternative.

But like I said, let's proceed with the GR, I don't mind, it's merely
disappointing.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit