Re: DAM has no competency to make changes to membership structure

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 04:39:27PM +0000, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> [2008.10.27.1734 +0100]:
> > > The proposed changes are outside of the delegate's competencies.
> >
> > You are wrong. The changes I propose are all well within the DAMs competency.
>
> Please back up this claim a formal statement or delegation
> specifying your competencies, or an official description of the DAM
> role.

IMHO that's beside the point, even if the constitution isn't specific,
delegates should not make invasive decision for the project where it's
not obviously following the consensus, or some previous discussion. This
is actually §8.3:

    8.3. Procedure

    Delegates may make decisions as they see fit, but should attempt to
    implement good technical decisions and/or follow consensus opinion.

FWIW I believe the mail on dda fails that in so many levels… that indeed
I believe the GR isn't really needed and that either the secretary or
the DPL should have his word in this. But oh well, if one want an
humiliating GR for that matter, let's do it.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit