Re: [OT] Re: Social-media antipathy (was Re: How i can optimize my operating system?)

On 2021-03-23, Viktor Vogel <viktor@policy.redirectme.net> wrote:
> An observation from a native English speaker -
>
> I've lived and worked in the Republic of China, and had gotten a fairly
> good grasp of Mandarin. In my experience tackling Russian I found it
> much more difficult than Chinese.

I remember seeing an interview with Norman Mailer after he published his
book about Oswald, which he researched for an extended period of time in
Russia. He said that if he would have been the crying type, he would've
cried from frustration trying to learn Russian (he never managed to do
it, though he tried).