Re: [OT] Re: Social-media antipathy (was Re: How i can optimize my operating system?)

On Sb, 20 mar 21, 19:03:58, deloptes wrote:
> Andrei POPESCU wrote:
>
> > Good luck in doing public key cryptography without publishing the public
> > key :)
>
> Andrei - you disappoint me here!

In hindsight, what was meant as a joke probably came out as mocking, I
apologise for that.

I'm sure you do know that the public key needs to be made available for
others to be able to send you encrypted messages.

Of course the *primary* private key should be protected properly. A
Debian recommendation (that I can't find) was suggesting to generate and
keep it on a Tails USB stick and use it only for certifying other keys.

Day to day work (messages, signing packages, etc.) should be done with
sub-keys instead.

Kind regards,
Andrei