Re: [OT] Re: Social-media antipathy (was Re: How i can optimize my operating system?)

Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> In hindsight, what was meant as a joke probably came out as mocking, I
> apologise for that.
>
> I'm sure you do know that the public key needs to be made available for
> others to be able to send you encrypted messages.
>
> Of course the *primary* private key should be protected properly. A
> Debian recommendation (that I can't find) was suggesting to generate and
> keep it on a Tails USB stick and use it only for certifying other keys.
>
> Day to day work (messages, signing packages, etc.) should be done with
> sub-keys instead.

Yes, I recall this from the past. So basically there are two use cases here.
What I was reffering to is cases like Snowden or Assange or some
investigative journalists who do not survive like Navalni and are not
Russians ;-).
You are reffering to cases in the public domain, but IMO here it works
perfectly well (signing packages or similar)
In the use case I reffer to one should take care of his/her life. Exchanging
keys via public domain is not what I would do and even so - it was
proven "they" are capturing your screen (after you decrypted) and sending
it home for further analyses.

In the public domain I do not see how the avg. Joe would manage it to stay
safe. It is impossible ... most do not care, do not understand or do not
have the capacity. I would not bother unless they have the right to vote -
and yes they do and so determine your future.

So to jump to the conclusion - this form of democracy is counter productive
and we should have open debate regarding some better form of democracy -
lets say next generation democracy. (Covid-19 also showed that a more
totalitarian/military style approach gives better results - and I do not
mean China here).