Re: Rebooting and HDD spinup / spindown cycles [WAS: Re: Debian Wheezy - HP Pavilion dm1]

On Wed, 2013-10-23 at 16:30 +0000, Curt wrote:
> parked/unparked heads once every 8 seconds for the last two years

And I learn too. Some minutes before I read your mail, my claim would
have been, that it's impossible, that such a drive will last for two
years. On Linux Audio Users mailing list (LAU) the drive of somebody
only last for half of a year.

> smartctl -A /dev/sda reveals that I'm not getting richer anymore.

:D