Re: Debian Wheezy - HP Pavilion dm1

My Pavilion DM1 has a ATA TOSHIBA MQ01ABD0 (scsi) 750GB hard disk and a
Ralink RT3290 bluetooth/wireless chip. Graphic chipset is the same as yours.

I have never noted a noise (click) other than the beep during shutdown.

I have had sound problems in the past with XFCE that did not recognize
sound control keys and Pulseaudio that produced more or less distorted
sound until the HDMI output is deactivated.

For the graphic card, I am using the radeon free driver. I have tested
the fglrx non-free driver provided by Debian without seeing a clear
improvement for my use, so I stick to the free driver. I have never
tested the non-free drivers provided by AMD.

Mainly due to the RT3290 chipset I use Unstable|Sid rather than
Stable|Wheezy. Wireless part of the RT3290 is working from
Wheezy-Backports onward. Bluetooth part is not working yet.

I would rather use the Stable version of Debian on this laptop but even
the next Stable (Jessie) will probably not support bluetooth for the
RT3290 chipset.