Re: Debian Wheezy - HP Pavilion dm1

On 20/10/13 11:03 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Sun, 2013-10-20 at 10:47 -0400, Sureyya Sahin wrote:
This is the output from
$ps -eF
[snip]

It likely isn't caused by GVFS, but for testing purpose I anyway would
remove GVFS. Assumed there should be a hard dependency to GVFS, then for
testing purpose replace it by a dummy package. Removing GVFS or
replacing it with a dummy package doesn't harm.

Building a dummy package easily and fast can be done using equivs.
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-helpers.en.html

When GVFS is removed, Thunar, the Xfce file browser doesn't provide to
mount devices anymore.

GVFS can cause issues with spin downs and spin ups. I don't think that
it's the culprit in your case, but you never know.

How can I mount usb devices if I can't use Thunar, apart from the command line? I will try to follow the link you provide but it seems like it is obsolete. Do you think I will get into any troubles?

S. Sahin