Re: XFCE without GNOME/KDE parts (Debian Wheezy - HP Pavilion dm1)

On Wed, 23 Oct 2013 09:45:07 +0200
"Ralf Mardorf" <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> What will you strace, if you're missing the Trash can icon? ;)

For that task I'd use the source of thunar, gdb and ltrace.
Nothing reasonable can be gained for tracing syscalls in this case.

> Thunar doesn't need them, but other software does.

Probably. As we discussed earlier, this 'GConf and/or DConf required'
software is nothing special, and can be easily replaced with sane
behavior equivalents.

> Don't ask me what
> software e.g. gtk3 needs, since I'm booted to
> a very old Linux right no.
>
> > cat /etc/issue
> Welcome to openSUSE 11.2 "Emerald" RC 1  - Kernel \r (\l).
>
> > uname -rm
> 2.6.31.6-rt19 x86_64

What do you mean it is old Linux? I use RHEL5 (2.6.18) at office half
of the time, and it's still considered 'new, full of untested and
experimental features' OS by these people.

Reco