Re: Debian Wheezy - HP Pavilion dm1

On Sun, 2013-10-20 at 11:20 -0400, Sureyya Sahin wrote:
> How can I mount usb devices if I can't use Thunar, apart from the
> command line?

One step after the other. First I would test everything that directly
has access to the drive. GVFS definitively "touchs" HDDs without a good
reason from time to time. What to do assumed it is or it is not the
culprit is the next step. I wouldn't waste my time with the question
about all possibilities. Perhaps it isn't the culprit and then there's
no need to think about a solution how to mount without using the command
line.

> I will try to follow the link you provide but it seems
> like it is obsolete. Do you think I will get into any troubles?

The howto use equivs to build a package isn't obsolet, perhaps it's
obsolet to use equivs for some tasks.