Re: How to get Bell Canada 3G USB network up?

On 14/06/11 06:16, Wayne Topa wrote:
> On 06/13/2011 11:23 AM, Wayne Topa wrote:
>> On 06/13/2011 03:49 AM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>>> On 13/06/11 15:44, Christian Jaeger wrote:
>

>> I am using a USB modem from AT&T which is supported by the Debian kernel
>> so I have held off replying to this thread.  If it would help any, I can
>> show all the files Scott mentioned if you want.  I don't want to clutter
>> this thread unnecessarily though if they would not help.
>

> I forgot to mention it is also a Novatel but a usbconnect Mercury model.
>>
>> Wayne

Hi Wayne,
         I haven't had a look at the Debian wiki this week - but it
improves every time I do. Maybe we should be adding this to
http://wiki.debian.org/Modem and http://wiki.debian.org/PPP

So much of what is on the web is outright incorrect or only applicable
in limited circumstances.

A list of modem models by manufacturer and the corresponding AT commands
(esp. disable autorun fakecd) would be brilliant.

Even better would be a tool that could be used to non-destructively find
out the undocumented AT commands for different modems - I've seen some
evidence a similar tool exists for another, irrelevant for my purposes, OS.

Also on my wish list would be some simple documentation on Network
manager for KDE (probably under my nose already).

Cheers

--
We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.
 ~ Bill Hicks