Re: HP PSC 1315 printer and hplip/hpcups printer cartridge mode issue

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 10:17:23 +0000, Harishankar wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 10:06:49 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> Then, care to fill a bug at HPLIP site?
>>
>> If the option is there (you said *it was not*) it should work. If not,
>> you can report it.

(...)

> The bug was filed - I think I mentioned it in my first post. The status
> on the issue has been the same for years.

Mmm... it is not clear to me -from the bug you pointed- what driver
options was using the reporter ("hplip" or "hpijs").

> The ACTUAL option was not available in the newer hpcups driver, but it
> is available in the older hpijs driver, but the result is the same. :-(

That is a different bug you should report (meaning: hpjis has the
possibility to select using black cartridge -which fails- and hlpip does
not). It's a missing feature.

> That's why I haven't filed a bug. HPLIP developers haven't cared for it
> for years (?) Never read an official response.

If you leave it and don't insist, they won't do anything :-(

Greetings,

--
Camaleón