Re: HP PSC 1315 printer and hplip/hpcups printer cartridge mode issue

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 08:09:05 +0000, Harishankar wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 08:02:41 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

>> I would say that is not a driver's fault but a printer design
>> "feature". Take it as it is. Cheap devices are marketed mostly for
>> Windows platform (i.e., win-modems that need a windows driver to be
>> properly detected and configured, fake-raid controllers, etc...).
>>
>> As I said you before, our HP laserjet colour printer (PostScript based)
>> do have that option you are looking for. I'd say those enhanced
>> features come with the hardware you are buying... and the money you
>> spend on it
>>>:-)
>>

> I just followed up before I read your message and actually the answer to
> your question is YES, the device does support multiple cartridges,

Of course... it's a colour printer.

> in Windows the printer use both cartridges to print a page which has
> multi-colours and it is clear that the device does support the feature.
>
> Under Linux the black text is blurred and not so black when printing
> pages in colour mode.

Because you bought an entry-level device that was designed for windows
and it's not fully supported under linux. Live with that, at least you
can print :-P

> It's a real nuisance and pain to see colour wasted and the output so bad
> compared to when using the black cartridge.

Next time, read the reviews or ask in the forums *before buying* a
printer. Today is a *must* to be informed on the linux support for any
piece of hardware, mostly for scanning devices (printers are getting
better support those days).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón