Re: Community hostility [Was Recent spam increase]

Bruno Buys wrote:

To be honest, Mike and all others, the hostility in this list was worse
in the past. I felt some improvement in this respect. I don't follow
other linux lists to be able to compare, but in forums certainly there
are competition and hostility, so I don't think debian is a special case
of hostility.

I'm not arguing one way or the other about direction of movement.
I also made sure that I included other distros in my statement.
I don't think Debian is very special in this regard.
I do think that this and other echoes would benefit from less
hostility.

It's sad when a newcomer to the list asks whether the list managers
might change the list to make the Reply-to: field be the list itself,
and a flame war erupts.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.