Re: Recent spam increase

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 00:18:53 +0000, Pollywog  <linux-debian@shadypond.com> said:

> On Saturday 21 October 2006 15:00, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:58:28 +0200, Vincent Lefevre
>> <vincent@vinc17.org>
> said:
>> >
>> > I couldn't find how to *both* log something to a file and add
>> > some text to a bounced message, as these two features are both
>> > performed with LOG="...", whether LOGFILE is defined or not.
>>
>> This is easy in mailagent

> I was looking at documentation for mailagent (I use Procmail atm)
> but I could not find any mention of IMAP.  Does mailagent do IMAP?

        mailagent, like procmail, is not a MUA. It is a mail
 filter -- just like procmail. Neither one of them does IMAP. It fits
 in between the maildrop and the MUA -- so, if you use fetchmail, then
 mailagent steps in and handles mail sent in by fetchmail.

        Alternately, I also use fetchmail remotely to deliver to
 MAILDIR folders on my IMAP server box -- and my IMAP server serves
 mail from MAILDIR folders.

        manoj
--
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one
by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.- Edmund