Re: Recent spam increase

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:58:28 +0200, Vincent Lefevre <vincent@vinc17.org> said:

> On 2006-10-17 03:19:23 +0000, s. keeling wrote:
>> You're the first person I've seen to describe procmail as
>> "underpowered."  I would not list that as one of its attributes.
>> Perhaps it's difficult to figure out how to get it to do $THAT, but
>> (in my experience) it can do $THAT.

> I couldn't find how to *both* log something to a file and add some
> text to a bounced message, as these two features are both performed
> with LOG="...", whether LOGFILE is defined or not.

        This is easy in mailagent

> procmail doesn't know anything about MIME.

        Hmm. Neither does mailagent by default -- but you can easily
 build a new command or plugin into mailagent using MIME::* packages.

> procmail has a fixed size buffer for user rules. It can be extended
> by modifying LINEBUF, but it is difficult to know whether the new
> value is sufficient or not, in particular when one modifies rules.

        Not a problem for mailagent.

> One can't easily OR conditions (without bloating the procmailrc).

        This is trivial.

> One can't easily invert a condition on a variable name.

        This is trivial.

> It is difficult to debug a procmailrc file.

        mailagent has awesome debugging facilities. First, you can
 trace what rules the mail went through -- and then you can have debug
 levels set from 1 throu 20, each level getting more and more verbose,
 to have a fine grained log, almost instruction by source instruction,
 to track down problems.

        manoj
--
There's a little picture of ED MCMAHON doing BAD THINGS to JOAN RIVERS
in a $200,000 MALIBU BEACH HOUSE!!