Re: Recent spam increase

On 2006-10-17 03:19:23 +0000, s. keeling wrote:
> You're the first person I've seen to describe procmail as
> "underpowered."  I would not list that as one of its attributes.
> Perhaps it's difficult to figure out how to get it to do $THAT, but
> (in my experience) it can do $THAT.

I couldn't find how to *both* log something to a file and add
some text to a bounced message, as these two features are both
performed with LOG="...", whether LOGFILE is defined or not.

procmail doesn't know anything about MIME.

procmail has a fixed size buffer for user rules. It can be extended
by modifying LINEBUF, but it is difficult to know whether the new
value is sufficient or not, in particular when one modifies rules.

One can't easily OR conditions (without bloating the procmailrc).

One can't easily invert a condition on a variable name.

It is difficult to debug a procmailrc file.