Re: pulseaudio related problems....

On 2014-02-17 14:55, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> writes:
[...]
>> If you want me to help you with your problem, you need to provide
>> something I can work on. Just claiming it doesn't work isn't helping
>> in this situation, I don't have a crystal ball I can consult in this
>> case.
>
> The goal of most users will be "have sound", not "install pulseaudio".
> This defines both the problem and the solution, from the users
> perspective.

I can do a lot of bug triaging ... build problems, upgrade problems,
ICEs, segmentation faults, ...
But I'm absolutely clueless if it comes to sound. What additional
information could be helpful? I don't know. Sound works. I'd actually
have to check whether I have pulseaudio installed ...

Since collection of more information seems to be the problematic part, a
bug-script could be helpful, so I just filed #739294.

Thereafter maybe the quickfix solution (apt-get remove pulseaudio) could
be replaced (or amended) by

  reportbug pulseaudio
  # maybe this is already sufficient to discover and fix common
    misconfigurations

Andreas

PS: Install the bug script etc. in *all* related packages. Users usually
pick the "wrong" one to report gainst. (dh_bugfiles -A)