Re: pulseaudio related problems....

> On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 09:58:05AM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

>> I think most people simply don't configure PulseAudio correctly. They
>> have the assumption that sound cards are still simple devices with one
>> input jack and one output jack and any application using it just has to
>> find the sound card and output its audio signal.

> If any configuration is required, that is a bug in pulseaudio.

I'll agree with that.  Audio really should just work unless the hardware
configuration is particularly strange.

Now, the *severity* of the bug of course may depend on how many people are
affected, etc.

(FWIW, pulseaudio has always worked great out of the box for me with no
configuration required, but then so has every sound system on Linux in
about the past five years.  Before that, it was a mess, but a bit before
pulseaudio, around the time ALSA became the thing everyone was using, my
problems generally went away and haven't returned, even through a few
changes in how sound was implemented.)