Re: Thoughts about the bug tracking system

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:59:49 +0200, Bastian Venthur wrote:

> >> I tried reportbug-ng, and the interface was good, but I didn't manage
> >> to send a report, as I didn't had any mail program installed,
> > Ouch, probably reportbug-ng should depend on the supported mail user
> > agents (Bastian, you're reading here, aren't you)?
> Hmm I wasn't prepared for users not having any mail client installed, I
> should indeed depend on mail-reader or

I think depending on the virtual package "mail-reader" is not the
best solution because there are more MUAs that provide it than rng
currently supports.
Probably listing the MUAs from ReportbugNG.py explicitly might be
better.

BTW: Thanks for your work on rng, I've already recommended it to some
friends who don't feel very comfortable with commandline tools, so
the probability for them to report bugs has risen ;-)

Cheers,
gregor
 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Red Hot Chili Peppers: Parallel Universe