Re: Thoughts about the bug tracking system

Oleg Verych wrote:
>>> [incensed ranting on the topic of web applications]
>> Oleg, your response doesn't seem to be in response to the message you
>> quoted.
>
> A reply to off topic message to the development list. Insulting -- yes. Why?

Yes, indeed, why?  Why do you feel the need to insult someone who is
trying to provide constructive feedback?

> In dry lanuage:
>
> "post your thoughts in your weblog, come here with patches"
>
> That's a linux-ish style of reaction i've learned from LKML. I think it's
> right here also. Such questions while not pure user's for answer,
> are more appropriate to debbugs list. Even lack of this shows small or
> nearly no homework before posting.

This attitude is becoming more prevalent in the free software world, and
it saddens me. "If you can't provide a fix, then we don't want to hear
from you".

There might be many valid reasons why someone would provide feedback
without a patch. For the record, I think we should be happy to receive
feedback even if the submitter:

   - Does not have the skills to provide a solution.
   - Does not have the time to provide a solution.
   - Can not be bothered to provide a solution (after all, we can't get
involved in *everything*, can we?)