Re: Thoughts about the bug tracking system

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 15:52:07 +0200, Carl Fürstenberg wrote:

> > Please have a look at reportbug-ng, it might fulfill your preferences
> > better.
> I tried reportbug-ng, and the interface was good, but I didn't manage
> to send a report, as I didn't had any mail program installed,

Ouch, probably reportbug-ng should depend on the supported mail user
agents (Bastian, you're reading here, aren't you)?

> though, as it had a couple in it's list, that all of them was
> installed, so I choosed icedove, but it then complained and dumped a
> url-encoded string in the terminal asking me to manually paste it into
> my mail program, so I reported via reportbug instead (bug #434011).

FWIW: I can reproduce this error if I put an Umlaut in my
.reportbugrc.
A workaround for you might be to change Fürstenberg to Fuerstenberg
in the realname variable in /home/azatoth/.reportbugrc

Cheers,
gregor
 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Penelope Swales: Turns to Permanence