Re: Thoughts about the bug tracking system

* Bastian Venthur (venthur@debian.org) [070721 16:43]:
> /usr/share/bugs was in my opinion a reportbug specific feature, since it
> wasn't documented on the above site on how to report bugs and since it
> was the only program I knew which used the scripts in there.

/usr/share/bugs isn't reportbug specific, otherwise it would be
/usr/share/reportbug. I really think it is essential to use the scripts
there, at least for the average user. That helped my quite often to
resolve bug reports without an extra round of asking information.

> While you're at it, can you please also add reportbug-ng to the list of
> tools helping the user to provide bug reports?

Can you please add support for /usr/share/bugs first?

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/