Re: [internal-projects] [Debian-multimedia] Start an official internal project!

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 11:38:46AM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > At the moment, because of the gcc transition, we have a libc6 package (2.3.1,
> > IIRC) stalled in unstable. New packages compiled against that particular
> > version of libc6 won't enter testing, even though they might be solving
> > security/other bugs encountered in old (read already in testing) packages.
>
> "might" ... let him work based on testing, and he will be essentially safe.
> It's only from time to time that he will have an annoying bug in
> testing requiring him to provide a fixed package either himself or in
> cooperation with the maintainer (read direct upload to testing).
>
> > That kind of situation would lead you to release something based on a broken
> > release of Debian.
>
> No. That's not the general case, that's the exception.

He is claiming he has tight schedules. If one of those schedules is in the
same time frame Debian is in the middle of one of our transitions, calling
that a fu**ed up situation is putting it mild, since the only thing he can
do is getting involved with the broken packages and fix RC bugs on them.

Not that I would not use Debian, but he should be informed about what happens
from time to time.

mooch

--
Jesus Climent | Unix SysAdm | Helsinki, Finland | pumuki.hispalinux.es
GPG: 1024D/86946D69 BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
		--Lycon (Minority Report)