Re: [internal-projects] [Debian-multimedia] Start an official internal project!

    rh> No, no, you'll have to make the efforts to integrate
    rh> *everything* into Debian.

Let me clear some things before we continue.

We still have to make  the decision whether  to integrate DeMuDi  into
Debian or have  DeMuDi  live a  life of its  own  (although as  a good
neighbour with Debian).  Many  decisions (including the creation of  a
separate gforge installation) depend on this.

Of course, *if* we  decide to  integrate DeMuDi  into Debian,  we will
follow all Debian rules, that's obvious (and I don't think there would
be any way of not doing it, even if we  wanted to do  it, which is not
the case).

If we decide that DeMuDi should live a life  on its own (and there are
many  reasons why we could  decide  that way, some  technical and some
political, such as the fact the DeMuDi is an official European Project
and as such has a number of  responsibilities which Debian fortunately
doesn't    have) then   a   separate   structure,  both tecnical   and
organizative, is due.  I'm trying hard to find  a way such as that, in
the case DeMuDi had to live a life of its own  (which, btw, seems like
a `must' to me, given the  political obligations that  we have) we can
cooperate  with Debian to the  maximum extent possible.  That includes
bug reporting, bug filtering (for  bugs which are DeMuDi specific) and
so on.  Any help on this  issue, when we finally  reach a consensus on
this, will be greatly appreciated.

Please note  that  "we",  in this context,  refers  to  the people and
organizations   which are  legally responsible   for DeMuDi.  In  this
moment, I  am legally responsible    for DeMuDi towards  Centro  Tempo
Reale, which  in turns   is  legally responsible toward   the European
Union, having signed a contract which states that.

As a side note, I would like to stress that Marco original proposal as
I  understood it was to have  a debian-multimedia  subproject which is
distinct from DeMuDi, both from a technical and from a legal/political
standpoint.   So,   considerations  on debian-multimedia shouldn't  be
automatically applied to DeMuDi (although there could  be and ought to
be, in  my opinion, a crosspollination   between the two  projects and
between DeMuDi and Debian in general).

Thank you for your technical comments, which are very precious for me
while I write down my internal proposal for DeMuDi team members.

bye,

andrea
--
Andrea Glorioso               andrea.glorioso@centrotemporeale.it