Re: [internal-projects] [Debian-multimedia] Start an official internal project!

Le Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 10:03:15PM +0100, andrea.glorioso@centrotemporeale.it écrivait:
> think DeMuDi will  have  some very  specific tweaks  which won't  find
> their  way into Debian   (low-latency and preemptible kernel  for one,
> metalog as  standard syslog mechanism as another)  and I don't want to
> clutter Debian Developers with spurious bug reports.

No, no, you'll have to make the efforts to integrate *everything* into
Debian.

And you're not the first one interested in modifying the kernel for
specific purpose...

Just do "apt-cache search kernel-patch" to look for what other people
did concerning kernel patches. You can also provide a specific
kernel-image-demudi if you want... and this kernel could be
automatically installed by debian-installer.

BTW, kernel-patch-lowlatency-2.4 and kernel-patch-preempt-2.4 are
already available ... now you can see how you can benefit from beeing
within Debian. :-)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com